Many married men and women say they would never forgive their spouse if they cheated.
I don't know what I would do if it ever happened to me. I don't think anyone really knows what they would do in advance.
But I have seen many women forgive their cheating husbands one or two slip-ups. It only becomes harder to forgive when he becomes a serial cheat. It becomes a heart-breaking marriage.
Even though some women forgive their cheating husbands, they usually don't forget his 'mistake', reminding him every chance they get.
Many women have kicked out their husbands for cheating. Can anyone blame them? No, because we are not in their shoes.
Can YOU forgive and forget an infidelity?
Forgetting means it does not hurt when you recall the mistake. And you don't bring it up to hurt your spouse.
For married men, the story is different. Men in general find it almost impossible to forgive the slip-ups if their wives cheat. Ego plays a big part.
And also, infidelity is the ONLY sin stated in the Bible as the basis for asking out of a marriage if you cannot cope. However, we are encouraged to FORGIVE as many as 70 X 7 times if someone hurts us. Infidelity was not listed as one of the mistakes that should not be forgiven.
Look at it this way. If your wife or husband is SORRY, and is willing to work on being faithful and asks for your forgiveness and for both of you to work for the good of your marriage, maybe you should open your heart to the possibility of getting past the horrible mistake.
Remember, the OTHER WOMAN or MAN is the stranger, not you.
You are married and you vowed to stay married for better or worse. Well, your wife or husband just dug some 'worse' rubbish on you by cheating.
Are you going to remember your wedding day and your spoken Vow?
As hurtful and painful as it is, it is NOT the end of the world.
How do I know? Well, I was cheated on a long time ago (when I was in Uni), years before I met my husband and got married.
It was a life-changing experience for me. It was like someone took a sword and stabbed my heart.
Do you know how I got HEALED and started again and now have the best marriage for the past eighteen years?
I met someone special, someone who loved the wretched, broken me. After I asked him for help, he took my hand in his and HEALED my heart and my soul and I became brand new. His name is JESUS CHRIST.
Are you broken? Are you hurt deep in your soul by the one person you thought was your main stay?
Cry as hard as you can, but DON'T GIVE UP.
1. Don't harden your heart.
2. Don't go drinking or smoking.
3. Don't go on a revenge binge.
1. Just sit in the quietness of your room, pour your heart out to JESUS CHRIST. You don't need to have known him yet to do this, believe me.
2. Just talk about your pain, your disappointments, your mistakes and ask him to heal your broken heart and soul.
Is it that easy? Oh yes.
3. When you feel up to it, ask him to help you forgive your husband or wife or friend who betrayed and hurt you.
Life-Transforming Good News
1. Download a free Bible App on your smartphone and quickly read Romans chapter 10 verse 9-10.
2. Afterwards, flip to Philippians chapter 4 verse 6.
3. Read all about Jesus Christ in the Books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
1. We all make mistakes because we are not perfect. You do too. And I do.
2. But we can choose to forgive or we can ask for help to forgive.
I ask for help from God to help me forgive when I find it difficult. You can do the same too.
3. The choice is yours.
4. But happiness comes from letting go of hurts and pain locked away in your heart and bones.
5. So do yourself a huge favour by forgiving your husband or wife of their infidelity and praying for them to overcome their weaknesses and to remain faithful.
My Sweet News
My 18th Wedding Anniversary is this weekend, by God's grace and they have been the most blissful, joyous, loving and happiest years of my life. And I'm looking forward to having a fabulous time with my Sweetheart. Thank God for my marriage.
I wish you many happy and fruitful years in your marriage.
More grace from God.
All photos are courtesy of Bing.com
If you have an opinion or answer, please share it. I'm desperate to find out what you think.
Thank you for stopping by. Please share your comments, so I know you stopped by.
It gives me great pleasure to read your views.
You remain unforgettable,
Flirty & Feisty Romance
Our promise...is to deliver an intensely emotional experience you'll never forget.