As Christmas approaches, many relationships and marriages hit large potholes and storms because of the strain of the festive season. By the time the new year rolls in, they are sleeping in separate rooms.
Many families go on a spending spree, putting immense strain on their finances even when they cannot afford it.
Extended Family Pressure:
Deciding who to visit is another source of tension as wives and husbands clash over whose family gets invited to dinner or sleepover. Others agonize on whether to visit the wife’s parents or the husbands. If the wife’s family–for example–has been a pain in the year, this is the time for the husband to rub it in their faces by boycotting them entirely. This causes arguments and if communication breaks down, a joyous season turns into a time of disharmony and stress.
Wives or husbands may begin to toy with the idea of wanting their own space as they find their spouse overbearing and stubborn at this time.
|Seduced Hearts ~ 99c|
Show Love at Christmas:
The question on my mind is, do families really know the focus of Christmas?
|Love at Christmas ~ 99c|
Christmas season celebrates the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ who came to save us from our sins. It is a time to share the good news that we are saved and loved by God. It is about sharing love, joy, gifts, peace and smiles with others, starting from our immediate family to everyone else, including strangers and the less fortunate.
Wives and Husbands:
1. First, decide and agree on which of your family members and friends you want to buy gifts for this year according to your available resources.
2. Don’t go into debt because you want to please others. If you can’t afford to buy gifts, then buy Christmas Cards and attach huge smiles to each card as you hand them out.
3. I suggest you buy your Christmas gifts early to take away the stress of last minute shopping.
|Your Christmas Gift ~ 99c|
4. If you have issues with your in-laws on either side, I suggest you go away for Christmas with your husband or wife and children. You could go to a hotel, or out of the country, so you make fun and lasting memories with your immediate family – they come first.
5. Wives, talk and listen to your husbands. Believe me, I know how hard this is, but if you must pinch yourself to remind you of the need to communicate well, do it. Have you bought a gift for your husband and kids? What are you waiting for?
6. If you have teenagers (I have two), don’t bother going out to buy them gifts. They would usually reject anything you buy. Instead, ask them what they want for Christmas. Get ready to spend about £80 - £140, thanks to the expensive trainers from Nike.
6. Husbands, this is a great season to spend time with your wife and children. Have you bought your wife a Christmas present? Now is the time to pick one gift you know she would love.
7. Above all, remember, Jesus Christ is the reason for the season. Discuss what He means to your family and the world. Sing Christmas Carols, attend Church, Praise God for His mercy, protection and generosity.
I wish you a Merry Christmas.
Before you go, don’t forget to download my 3 Hot Christmas Romance Stories from Amazon, Smashwords & Okada Books, or order Paperback from Amazon or Createspace.
I wish you many happy and fruitful years in your marriage.
More grace from God.
All the books are part of Flirty & Feisty Romance Novels.
If you have an opinion or answer, please share it. I'm desperate to find out what you think.
Thank you for stopping by. Please share your comments, so I know you stopped by.
It gives me great pleasure to read your views.
You remain unforgettable,
Flirty & Feisty Romance
Our promise...is to deliver an intensely emotional experience you'll never forget.